Ruby's Room

I've had requests to post pictures of Ruby's room but don't feel like my pictures really do it justice. We had about 3 months to get her nursery together which was great because it motivated us to work quickly.
I knew I wanted to do the scalloped border around the room & so Tyler made a template & then traced it onto contact paper which we applied to the walls & then just painted below it. For those who have asked: the key is to paint downwards over the contact paper rather than up so it doesn't leak under the seal.
The bedding was all made by Tyler's mom & it was such a labor of love.
This dresser was mine growing up & was still in great shape so we had it painted & put new knobs on & it was just like new. Part of the reason we decided on the name Ruby comes from the verse in Proverbs where it says, "She is more precious than rubies: & all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.", which is why I added it to the birdcage/picture display. So fitting for this little girl we were hoping & praying for all those years. And there are also 2 pictures of her great-grandmas and even though they're gone, I want her to know their stories.
My crafty sis-in-law made the Ruby sign with all of her birth stats & the picture below it was mine when I was little & I've always loved it. And although you can't really see it, the bottom shelves have lots & lots of books. We're big on books around here.
My mother-in-law helped me make the curtains & my sis-in-law gave me the little pink sign. And right below is my beloved rocking chair that I am finally getting to use. So there you have it.
Oh, & here is the best part of the room. No surprises there.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS