Empathy

Today Ruby threw up in my mouth. Yes, you read that correctly. Anybody who's ever watched America's Funniest Home Videos knows this is an inevitability when it comes to parenting. It was only a matter of time before it happened & I'm probably lucky I've gone 5 months before experiencing this. She has acid reflux really bad which has caused her to have crying fits lately. And when I say crying fits I mean both of us are crying. That is one of the worst feelings when you can tell your baby is feeling miserable & there's nothing you can do about it. Thank heavens I have a mom who is a NICU nurse because she & the other nurses she works with have been putting their heads together to come up with some solutions. And I must say, they have so many more ideas than the pediatrician ever gives.


Today has been the best day she's had in about a week & I'm just hoping it lasts. All day long I've felt the need to knock on wood & throw salt over my shoulder. And when I tasted her throw up in my mouth this morning I realized just how miserable she's been because I have never tasted anything so awful in my life. Seriously. I got a little taste (pun) of what she's been going through & it's horrible. But today she was perfect, so even though I've tasted another human being's throw up, I am grateful for this day.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS