Ruby

I seriously don't even know where to begin! Ruby was born on August 30 at 10:51 pm. She was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 inches. Tyler & I were both there for the delivery and it was the most amazing experience. I am in awe of our amazing birthmom and how awesome she did! She pushed for 10 minutes and our perfect and beautiful baby girl was welcomed into the world. Tyler & I lost it. I'm talking the ugly tears that deform your face you're crying so hard. We were indescribably happy. I'm attempting to chronicle this process but I don't think the words exist to do it justice, which is so frustrating, but I'll do my best.

This is Cassie, Ruby's birthmom, right before she delivered. Doesn't she look amazing?! When I look at this girl I see someone so incredible. Someone who knows of a love that is selfless & pure. She included us so much during this process & we were able to experience pregnancy & delivery in ways we never thought we'd be able to. I will always remember & forever tell Ruby about the way that Cassie looked at her after she was born. It was unreal. She loves her with a love that is rare & perfect. And that's why she was able to place Ruby. Because she loved her enough to give her what she knew was best. I truly believe that if Cassie had loved Ruby even a tiny bit less or was being selfish in the least, then she never would have been able to give her to us.

I can't even begin to say how obsessed we are with this baby. We both had built this up to be so great that I couldn't imagine reality living up to our expectations. But it far exceeded them. It seems impossible to be able to love this much.

Jeremy - the birthfather. We seriously hit the jackpot with this adoption. Amazing birthparents, family & baby. Jeremy was involved in the whole process which is so rare. He is hilarious & was endlessly entertaining even during the delivery. He & Tyler are a lot alike & it was so fun to see the two of them together. I love that Ruby will always know where she came from & what incredible birthparents she has. What a lucky girl to have so many people that love her so much.




And this is what pure joy looks like. This makes this entire horrible, terrible, no good, very bad process amazing. As difficult as this has been we feel incredibly blessed that we've been able to experience the miracle of adoption. We have felt a love & kindness from innumerable people to the point that it's overwhelming. We've heard so many people say how great it is that we're adopting because they just don't think they would be able to love someone else's baby like their own. But no one can tell me that she hasn't always been ours. There's not a logical explanation for how she is, but she just is. We can do love, that's always been easy for us. And it's no different with this little baby. The connection was instant & now we're a family. I look at her everyday & tell her how worth it she was.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS