Changes

I can't believe Ruby is 3 weeks old when it seems like I can't really remember my life without her. Tyler & I were laughing the other day about how different our lives our now. We talk pretty regularly about poop (Ruby's of course), we're total suckers for any movement or sound our little baby makes, I have a significant section of my closet that contains dry clean only clothing that will probably be lonely for a while, we're fiercely over-protective & we're both totally convinced that the sun rises & sets with this little girl. The question I've been asked a lot lately is what has surprised me most about motherhood. And I have to say that it's how much I love Ruby. I knew I would love her & I would love being a mom but this is just so much more than that. It's truly the best. Now that I have Ruby I look at her & think of all the times I was so frustrated with the waiting & heartbreak. And I realize now that I would've waited forever for this little girl. And I know that when we renew our adoption certication in a year that I will feel all of that again. But I also realize that the waiting & wanting & hoping has blessed us to love in a way that I don't think we could've ever loved before.


This was taken the morning Tyler had to go back to work, which is why he looks so sad. He had 2 weeks of paternity leave & it pretty much made us both wish that we could just stay home together all the time with Ruby. Jobs and income are way overrated anyway, right?

 And this is pretty much what Ruby looks like in every picture I take of her - one eye partly open. Which is weird because I've taken like a million so you would think the odds would be a little more in my favor. She's already inherited Tyler's squinting...crap.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS