Keepin' It Real

We had a surprise visitor the other day & I swear these drop-ins always happen when I'm most unprepared. The nicest lady from our ward showed up with gifts for Ruby. It was so sweet but all I could think about was the fact that I was in my pajamas at 2 in the afternoon, my hair resembled something a bird lives in, & I wasn't wearing a bra. And Ruby was in a diaper. Only a diaper. We were the picture of white trash. I think that may be the one time in Ruby's life that she wasn't dressed with a headband on. I wanted to apologize for how heinous we looked & give her a list of about 10 reasons why we looked this way & promise that we normally don't. Instead I just stood there & thanked her & told her all about Ruby while a part of me was dying inside. I used to wonder what stay-at-home moms did all day.

It's amazing how much work something so small can be. I had a huge list of things I was going to accomplish today. Instead we just read books, sang songs, took a nap together & enjoyed each other. I'm so afraid I'm going to blink & she'll be grown. So I'm learning to let go of the lists, agendas, & expectations & just live in the present. Maybe that's why those stay-at-home moms were always so busy after all.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS