Big Sister

I worried about how Ruby would do when we brought Noah home from the hospital. She's been the center of our universe for 2 years now & I thought surely she'd struggle with the change. We brought Noah home on a Sunday night & Ruby immediately showered him with hugs & kisses. I kind of expected this but I figured once she realized he wasn't leaving she might not feel the same. The next morning I was sitting in Noah's room feeding him & Ruby woke up & walked right on in & kissed Noah on the cheek just like he'd always been there & said, "Love you, Noah" & walked right back out of the room to go play. And it's kind of been that way every since. She's really taken it in stride & can't seem to give him enough hugs & kisses. Anytime she hears him crying she drops whatever she's doing & runs as fast as she can to go make him happy. I'll find books & stuffed animals in his crib that she's "sharing" with him. And maybe the thing that's surprised me most about having 2 kids now is how much joy it brings seeing these 2 together. I love seeing her love him so much & I can so relate to the feeling of just not being able to give him enough kisses. She's been a great little assistant mama & we feel so lucky that girl is ours.  

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS