Disaster

The other day we had our third & final supervisory visit with our caseworker. We're required to do these visits before Ruby is 6 months old so our agency can make sure everything is going well & Ruby is in a healthy & happy environment. It seems like there are quite a few Walmart patrons who could use some supervisory visits if you ask me...just saying. So we have a new caseworker who we love & she came to our home for the first time to ask us questions which basically gives us a platform to gush about how perfect/brilliant/wonderful our baby girl is. Ruby was down for her nap & as we were all sitting & talking I heard her wake up so I & went upstairs to get her & bring her down for our visit. Now I am positive that I put my baby down in that crib but I swear it was an entirely different baby there an hour later. This baby went from pouty to hysterical in no more than 5 seconds. I'm talking fists clenched, red face, & screaming so loud she was practically shaking. If I hadn't been there for the birth I might have sworn this was an evil twin I didn't know about. We tried everything to calm her down & I reluctantly brought her downstairs & she became more hysterical by the minute. Between nervous/awkward chuckles & promises that "She's never like this, really!" I was feeling like I was back at square one with this whole parenting thing. As I silently prayed she would stop, the shrieks only became louder. She was turning on me. What human being was even capable of making those sounds? It was as if she had entirely forgotten who changes her diapers, feeds her, burps her, dresses her & did she even remember our wonderful afternoon? I let her coo & babble at ridiculously high volumes in the fabric store despite all the attention it was drawing. So Tyler just took her back upstairs & then for a walk & brought her back in without a bow in her hair. Well all Hell had officially broken loose at this point. She eventually calmed down but would do a little heave every so often just to keep me in panic mode. After our caseworker left, Tyler & I just looked at each other completely baffled. What on earth had just occured in our home? I still have no idea. But I do know that she was happy as can be for the rest of the night. So Ruby, thanks for humbling me & reminding me to not get too comfortable with this parenting stuff. I'll take the bad with the good, but all I ask is that next time you go berserk, just do it when we don't have company, because that was uncalled for. Deal? Deal.



 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS