October

I absolutely love this time of year in Arizona. As it'll be starting to get cold in other places we're just getting into months of gorgeous weather. This time of year always takes me back to when Tyler & I were dating. We were spending every waking minute together & head over heels in love. I remember thinking that I would never be bored with Tyler. And 8 years later that's still true. There's never a dull moment & we have developed a sense of humor that I think sometimes only the 2 of us understand. We've managed to convince ourselves that we're the most hilarious people in the world & I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Ruby can agree with us...or be really embarrassed by us...time will tell.
Tyler's been insanely busy with church, work & getting his MBA. We definitely have to make the most of our time together because there seems to never be enough of it. It leaves me feeling a bit like I'm missing my left arm or something. And my mother-in-law has had Ruby for several hours which feels a lot like missing another limb as well. I'm afraid I've become far too attached to these precious people. Here's what Fall looks like around our place:
Grapefruit! Can't wait for these to be ripe. Tyler & I love all the citrus in our backyard - lemons, limes, grapefruits, & oranges = heaven.
And once again at this time of year I'm falling in love. This time with our baby girl & it seems to be again & again & again. Ruby had her 1 month doctor appointment today & is now 9lbs. 14oz. and 23 inches. Everyone goes crazy over her when I bring her in which I'm sure they do with every baby, but I still feel a ridiculous amount of pride when they do it over my baby. And they call me "mom" when I'm there which is likely because they have no idea what my acutal name is, but I still love it. I had no idea how special being a mom is & thank heavens I didn't because I'm not sure if I would have made it through all those tough years. 
 Cassie sent me this picture the other day from when Ruby was only a few days old. Can't believe how much she's grown already. I want to slow time down because I just don't feel like I can soak her up fast enough.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS