Sunday Best

Ruby went to church for the first time the Sunday before last. I was thrilled that she fit into this adorable outfit/headband that Justin & Sarah gave her. She did awesome & slept through the first part but by the end she was a little done. So I hung out in the Mother's Lounge with her for the last 30 minutes or so. Umm, why has no one told me how fun the Mother's Lounge is? It's like a little club for women.  

I was talking to one girl who was asking all about Ruby's story. She was asking about my infertility & what all I tried to get pregnant. I told her that we tried for the required year to get pregnant before starting fertility but deep down I knew that it wasn't right for us. I pushed that feeling away for a while thinking that it was just the hormones making me crazy...which they were...just in other ways. Finally I couldn't ignore the feeling any more & adoption kept coming to my mind. I talked to Tyler about it and at first he wasn't interested. He was so set on having a baby that had our features but after he looked at pictures on itsaboutlove.org of families being sealed in the temple to their babies, he was sold. It took him about a week & then he was 100% on board with me. As we waited the long months before we finally got Ruby, I was tempted to try different fertility options. It seemed so much easier & way less complicated. But always that feeling came back so strong that I knew it wasn't right for us. And now I know that I felt that way because Ruby was ours & she had to come to us through adoption. And I know that God needed me to feel that so strongly so I wouldn't just throw in the towel & be done with it all. As I was telling my new friend all this, I looked up from feeding Ruby & was surprised to see that she was crying. She said, "You're right, she's your baby & this is exactly how she was supposed to come to you." I love it when people "get" us. And I love the Mother's Lounge.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS