Ruby is SIX!

Ruby turned six yesterday & we loved getting to celebrate her & what a great girl she is. At six Ruby is an awesome helper - I know that whenever I ask her to help with something she'll do it & she has a habit of leaving her room clean & bed made without being asked every day. She's sensitive, empathetic, has endless energy, & loves her little brother & is his biggest cheerleader. She's also witty & has a really good sense of humor - the other day we were in the kitchen & she said to me, "I'll take another bowl of cereal scullery maid." When I incredulously told her I was most definitely not a scullery maid she said with a smile, "Well you do all the cooking & cleaning so I'm pretty sure you are." I don't know where half the stuff she says comes from but she keeps us laughing every day. We sure do love you Ruby, Happy Birthday!!!









Here are a few things I want you to remember: 
1. We named you Ruby after the scripture in Proverbs 3:15 that says, "She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her." You are so precious to us. 
2. You're really good at being brave. You already have this incredible ability to face your fears & do things that are hard for you. It's one of the things that I'm most proud of. 
3. Learn how to laugh at yourself. 
4. It always works out. Sometimes things we face in life seem impossible to overcome, but when we do our best, they always work out. 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS