Kindergarten

Well, it happened...Ruby is officially a kindergartener. She was so nervous the few days before school started & kept telling me she didn't want to go. I think I experienced every range of emotions in those few days, & I wanted to tell her to never leave me & just forget about this whole school thing! But instead, I hid my tears & told her all about how great it was going to be & all that she would learn & all the friends she would make. I think I was just as nervous as she was & it all sounds so dramatic, but sending your first child out into the world is no joke. It filled my mind with so many images of her as a newborn in my arms, or a strong-willed toddler, & the beautiful almost 6-year-old she's become seemingly overnight. And when it really comes down to it, I realized it wouldn't matter how much time I've had with her, I never would've really been ready for this moment. She picked out her favorite dress with a matching bow, ate cinnamon rolls I made for breakfast, & then our whole little family walked her over to the school.  And although I was dying inside, as I watched her walk into the school with her class, I caught a glimpse of her looking so brave & grown & I suddenly was filled with peace. She's ready. And she's good to the core, & she's kind & strong. And she'll be just fine. When I picked her up she was all smiles & excitement & said, "My day was great! I love kindergarten!" Thank heavens!!! And while I spent the day thinking about her & praying for her, it turns out 2:45 came a lot quicker than I thought. So maybe this school thing isn't the end of the world after all. Maybe. But you better believe I'm going to be up there with Noah eating lunch with her & volunteering in her classroom on the regular!




 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS