Gotcha Day

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We celebrated Gotcha Day on St. Patrick's Day & I really love this little tradition we've started. I try to come up with little things that make the day special for them. This year they loved the balloons & the treats & the gifts that I got them. But what I really love most about this day is how excited the kids get to go visit the temple. They've started referring to the Mesa temple as "Ruby's temple" & the Gilbert temple as "Noah's temple". We visited "Ruby's temple" last week for the Easter pageant so we visited "Noah's temple" for Gotcha Day. We take time to tell each of them the story of their adoption & talk about the details of the days we were sealed together as a family. We had a nice dinner at home, visited the temple, & stopped off for some gelato on the way home. Ruby & Noah love hearing the stories about themselves & I could tell both of them felt really special. I love that St. Patrick's Day is a reminder to our family of how lucky we all are.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS