Motherhood the Second Time Around

Lately Noah has loved standing & holding on to his crib & looking at this picture reminded me of when Ruby used to love to do the same thing.
 
It's been fun to notice little similarities & differences between these two as we watch Noah grow. And it's made me think about the ways that I've changed as a mother. I feel so much more calm the second time around & things come so much more naturally for me than they did the first time. I remember often feeling so flustered when I only had one baby, but with two, somehow it's gotten so much easier. Things like sleeping schedules, introducing solids, & grocery shopping with kids just don't induce the same level of stress they once did (thank heavens!). Each child has given me an entirely different experience & I wouldn't trade either for the world. I felt like with Ruby I was given a new set of eyes to see the world through. And now Noah has given me another set of eyes to see things in ways I never have before. I think that just may be one of the greatest gifts motherhood has to offer.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS