Eleven

Today Tyler & I sat in an urgent care with our 2 sick kids. Between both children crying & the most unbelievable display of human strength from Ruby as she was given some medicine, the thought occurred to me that this was my most miserable parenting experience to date. I could feel the nagging pain of my oncoming sinus infection while Ruby gave those doctors & nurses a run for their money & then Noah threw up & proceeded to splash his hands in it. I was covered in mucous & saliva that didn't even belong to me & desperately wanted to bathe myself & my children in Purell. Just as all was cleaned up & both children were calming down, Tyler accidentally bumped into Ruby & knocked her down & the hysterics began all over again. And amidst the chaos of that room, my eyes met Tyler's & we both just started to laugh. "This is the worst", I said. "Yeah, this is miserable", he said. And it was. But there's no one else in the world I'd rather experience something like that with. Just having him by my side reminds me that everything is going to be okay. That boy is everything to me. The one I tell it all to, the one who knows all my quirks & faults, the one who loves me anyways, the one I never tire of, the one I'd choose over & over again, the one who makes life beautiful. And although spending our eleventh anniversary at home with sick kids wasn't what we had in mind, I don't think it's one we'll forget anytime soon. What do you say we do 11 more years, Tyler? Deal? Deal.
 
 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS