Little Things I Want to Remember

The kids are feeling well again, & nothing makes you appreciate "normal" life like having sick kids. Multiple times a day Ruby will wander off to her room & I'll hear her chattering away as she "reads" to herself. I wish I could somehow store these moments away so that I can replay them years from now. I so desperately want to remember my children at each stage they're in & all the little things that bring me so much joy. It makes me a little panicky to know that so much of this will slip away with my memory.
 
Noah is getting teeth like crazy! He has 4 on the bottom & 2 1/2 on top with one more on the way. That one little front tooth showing cracks me up & there is just something about him having so many teeth that makes him seem so grown up.
 
Ruby kills me with the things she says on a daily basis. I love toddlers! I straightened her hair the other day & once I was done she looked in the mirror & said so seriously, "Oh my gosh mama, I love it!" She's basically my dream girl.
 
I feel like every day Noah is changing & growing. He is busy, busy, busy & while it's an entirely different experience from how Ruby was at this age, I'm really loving it. He is fearless & loves new things. Today he said his first word - "mama"! I even got him to do it while I had Tyler on speaker phone. Those "firsts" are just the best.
 
Ruby lives & breathes for Frozen these days. The other day "Let It Go" came on the radio & she said, "Are you kidding me mommy?! Are you kidding me?!" She thinks she's Elsa & loves giving full recaps of different scenes from the movie to everyone she knows & even total strangers. If you're listening, this girl is talking.
 
I want to eat this little boy up he's so cute. Yesterday I went into his room to get him after naptime & he was sitting up in his crib. It's the first time he's been able to do it on his own & he had the proudest little look on his face. When I started praising him he flapped his arms wildly & squealed. He is so loud & fun. I was driving home from my mom's yesterday with the kids & he laughed the entire ride home. Like for 15 minutes he was nonstop laughing. Ruby & I have no idea at what, but we were all laughing by the end. That boy is a party.
The End.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS