What Matters Most

Last week I found myself sitting in a waiting room with Noah for a lot longer than I would've liked. As I sat there I looked around the room at a number of other parents with their children & I couldn't help but notice that every single person seemed to be on their phone or iPad. Nobody was making eye contact or interacting or even speaking much to each other. Have you ever read the book Fahrenheit 451? It's one of my favorites & I swear the author was writing it about our day in age when that book was published over 50 years ago. As I sat & observed what was going on in that waiting room I resolved to myself that I would be less connected to things that distract me from what matters most. I want my family to remember me looking in their eyes when they talk to me & stopping what I'm doing when they need me. I don't want to look back & realize that I was in a state of perpetual distraction as my children were growing right before my eyes. Instead I want to savor these moments that we have together & find joy & beauty each day in these people I love most.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS