Finalized!

Today was a great day for our family. Noah's adoption was finalized this morning & as the judge declared us legal parents, Tyler & I were both surprised to have eyes blurred with tears by the end of that 5 minute court hearing. I partly blame the court reporter who looked at us with puppy dog eyes & a smile the entire time like she was witnessing the sweetest moment. And I loved how the judge shared with us that he was adopted & how much he loved adoption. Hearing about positive adoption experiences just makes me happy. I know for every negative experience there are hundreds of positive experiences like ours. The judge told us, "Today I made you legal parents, but Noah was always meant to be yours." Every person we saw working in the courthouse today made a big fuss over our happy day & our sweet baby boy. I had forgotten just how amazing this finalization process feels for us. It serves as such a great equalizer to the pain & inevitable suffering that adoption brings & helps my heart to heal more fully. And here is our blurry, awful picture to commemorate this day that I want to remember:
Yeah, those are matching shirts Tyler & I are wearing...why do we do this on such a regular basis?! And look at that judge holding Noah's little arm - such a sweet man.
 
 
Noah seems to have filled up a chamber of my heart I never knew existed with love overflowing. This boy of ours has been blessed with the sweetest temperament & has been a delight from day one. Today goes down as a win & I feel like one lucky girl.  

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS