Adopted

Today 4 toddlers plus Ruby sat around our kitchen table eating snacks. I love to be a fly on the wall & overhear toddler conversations. It's entertaining to say the least. But today I listened as Ruby told her little friends matter-of-factly, "I grew in Cassie's tummy. Mommy's tummy was broken." And the kids just nodded like they had a clue what she was talking about & then someone started barking like a dog & they had moved on. But hearing her say that today made me really happy. Tyler & I never want our kids to have that moment where they're like, "Wait, I'm adopted?!" We just want them to always know because it's something we've always talked about. And hearing Ruby say that today made me realize that she's starting to get it. Certainly not all of it, but the toddler version. These kids of ours have great stories & really beautiful beginnings & I hope to instill in them a confidence in who they are & where they came from.
Ruby's version of heaven = eating donut holes for breakfast in a tutu

Our little mister

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS