Christmas 2013

I never have much to show for Christmas in the way of pictures, but this year was a great one. This was the first year that Ruby really understood what was going on & was really excited about it. All month we've talked about baby Jesus & why we celebrate Christmas & of course there's been plenty of talk about Santa as well. Ruby was over the moon when my mom brought her a little nativity & Christmas tree for her bedside table & she's spent all month playing with them both. I've loved hearing her point out who each person is in the nativity & how she gasped when she opened her dollhouse Christmas morning. Everyone needs a toddler at Christmas because it just makes it the best. Noah was just happy to be there & stayed calm throughout the chaos - oh, how I love that little boy & his calm nature. Next year will be even more fun when he'll be a little older & able to join in on the fun. I love Christmas more than the average girl, but man, this year I was okay to see it go. I felt like I could hardly catch my breath all month & there just weren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. But despite all the craziness, I felt awfully grateful to be able to spend so much time with family & reflect on what matters most. And getting to play Santa has got to be pretty high on my list of reasons why being a parent is awesome.
 
 
 
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS