Mama

For some time now Ruby has been babbling "dadadadada" all day long. It's adorable & no matter how many times I encourage her to say "mama" she just looks at me with her little smirk like she's holding out on me. But yesterday there was a distinct "mama" that came out of her mouth once & then again & again. You experience these amazing little moments as a mom when your child does something for the first time. I never could have imagined how fun it would be until I had Ruby. My eyes quickly became teary & I suddenly realized the power that one little word carries. It was a new kind of fulfillment. And while I know that in years to come that word will be yelled & muttered in annoyance or frustration, right now it is only said sweetly & I'm going to love it while it lasts.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS