Letters to Ruby

When Tyler & I were waiting to adopt I started writing letters to our future children. I thought it would be a special thing for our kids to be able to read about the things we thought about & felt as we waited for them. I was reading over some of these letters the other day & this line that I wrote reminded me of Ruby - "I suppose that is one of the many miracles of love - when you think it's impossible to be any more in love with a person than you already are, your heart surprises you & makes a little more room". I was talking about Tyler when I wrote it but it is exactly the way it's been with Ruby. In the midst of this crazy life we have these amazing moments where our heart kind of stops & reminds us that the very best things are often right in front of our faces.

This face is a frequent reminder of that truth. Any time I have to leave her with someone I drive far too fast to go pick her up & even my worst days with her are far better than my best days without her.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS