Halloween

The weather changed just in time for it to be a perfect Halloween night. We've gone trick-or-treating with one of our favorite families every year since the kids were tiny, & it's been so fun to see them growing up & the change each year as their excitement increases now that they fully get what it's all about. We used to have to lead them up to the doors with a lot of prodding & now we mostly just try to keep up with them. This year Ruby wanted to be a butterfly & Noah got an astronaut costume that he was so excited about. "I love it so much, mom!", he said in the store as I had him try it on & tried to make my 4-year-old understand that he was committing to the costume. And then I bought him some skeleton jammies a week before Halloween & he never wanted to take them off. As I went to change him into his astronaut costume an hour before we were trick-or-treating, he insisted that he wanted to be a skeleton. He felt passionately about it like only a 4-year-old can, & after some back & forth I decided to grant his Halloween wish. And I feel like that describes Halloween with young kids in a nutshell. Mom trying to get them to commit to a costume, & kids coming up with a new costume every week just to keep us in a bit of a panic (note to self: leave tags on till the very last minute). So, I painted 2 faces instead of one & in all of the rush I forgot to paint his nose black. It's not a big deal, right?!? I'm trying really hard to not let it bug me every time I look at these pictures. And while I still long to have Ruby & Noah in coordinating costumes that I pick, I do love to see them in something they love & are excited about. Ruby was convinced she could actually fly, "Like, for real life, mom!". And Noah thought he was so spooky & wanted us to call him Bony Legs instead of Noah. Ahhh, I love these two! Happy Halloween!

















 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS