On Things That Matter

"...women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. Whatever happens in that home & family happens because she cares about it & it matters to her. She guards that gate, & things matter to that family if they matter to her."
Julie B. Beck
 
 
 
 
Making our home a place where our children can always feel safe & happy has been heavy on my mind lately. I want more than anything for our home to be a safe haven from the outside world, where truth is consistently taught & my children can grow & thrive. I'm convinced this is no easy task & it will take work & intentional parenting. As I've been thinking about this & praying about this, I had the distinct impression that we needed to make family prayer a more significant part of our day each morning & night. I want my children to hear me pray for them & know that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them & they can always turn to. Today Noah started crying & while I sat & held him, Ruby came into the room to see what was wrong. With this look of concern on her face she said, "It's okay Noah, we can say a prayer & ask Heavenly Father to help you be happy." And with that, she closed her eyes & said a short little prayer for him. I realized then how true it is that if something matters to me, as their mother, it will matter to them.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS