Loved

"You will never be this loved again. So on those days when you are feeling stressed out, touched out, and depleted, just remember that you will never be this loved again. One day you will long for their affection. So choose a soft voice, choose gentle hands, choose love."
 
I saw this quote & haven't been able to get it out of my mind ever since I read it. Yesterday I laid a blanket on the grass & we enjoyed the afternoon while Ruby sat on my back & pretended I was a horse & Noah pulled my hair & laughed while I played peek-a-boo with him. And in those moments I thought about how loved I am by those two. This season of life is such a good one & I love the challenges & joys that motherhood brings. I'm often amazed at how hard parenting is & it's unbelievable how much time I spend thinking & worrying about my children & they're still practically babies. But these two give me so much in reutrn without even realizing it. I could listen to Ruby talk forever - conversations with a toddler are as good as it gets I'm pretty sure. And going into Noah's room after he wakes up is one of the best parts of my day. He gives me the biggest smiles & starts kicking & squealing with excitement until I pick him up. All of these things remind me that I will never be loved like this again.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS