Life Lately

 
 
 
 
Looking at these faces every day just never gets old. Ruby is becoming a little person right before my very eyes. She is talking up a storm & I'm in love with this stage where she can tell me what's on her mind & entertains herself with books & imaginary play. There was a time when I thought she would never entertain herself because as a baby she was so demanding of my time. She loves playing with "big kids" & the other day at the park she saw some older boys as she was climbing & yelled, "Hey boys! Look at me! I'm climbing!" Heaven help me. Sometimes she likes to act so much older than she is & I just want to make her stop growing up & stay in this toddler stage for a lot longer than she ever will. Noah is trying to sit up all the time even though he can't really do it yet & ends up folding in half after each attempt. It hasn't seemed to stop him, though. And slowly but surely he's letting me read to him more & more. I'm determined to make him a lover of books & I think he's coming around. He would be in heaven if I would sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to him all day long. He loves watching my hands as I do it all while keeping his mouth open wide in his big smile. These days at home with my kids are fleeting & as I'm deciding on which preschool to put Ruby in for the Fall, I'm starting to realize that I'm going to blink & the 2 of them are going to be in elementary school. I know each season of life will bring something wonderful, but surely these days at home with my babies will be some of my very best days. I want to keep them all to myself for a lot longer before I have to share them with the world.  

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS