Goodnight

Tonight I carried sleeping Noah in my arms upstairs to put him to bed. But first I checked on Ruby asleep in her bed. She lay peacefully with her arms & legs spread in every direction, on top of at least 5 Fancy Nancy books. Just as I do every night, I picked up each of her books & put it on her bedside table & turned off her closet light which has become her "reading" light at bedtime. And then I read aloud to Noah as he slept quietly in my arms, just like I used to do with Ruby when she was tiny. And then I put him in his crib & stood there & marveled for what feels like the millionth time at how tiny he looks in that crib. I know in the blink of an eye he won't look so little in it. And as I walked back down the stairs I sat & enjoyed a peaceful moment where the house was still & all was quiet. Quiet is such a luxury when you're a mother. It's rejuvenating, really. And I thought about how there's nothing better than a sleeping baby. But then I realized that the one thing better than a sleeping baby is two sleeping babies. And my heart felt full as I realized just how lucky I am to have those two babies of mine. 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS