Because sometimes you just need cake at 10am

I was reading a book to Ruby yesterday about birthdays & after we finished she sat on my lap looking up at me while we talked all about her upcoming birthday. We talked about the presents she wanted & about the cake I would make her. She requested blue frosting. And suddenly she stood up & started bawling. I was shocked & asked her what was wrong to which she replied, "Caaaake!!!" I realized that when we were talking about her birthday cake she thought I had cake right then & there for her. It was a very dramatic misunderstanding which I'm finding is a somewhat common occurrence with a toddler. She was heartbroken over it & so we went & made cupcakes with blue frosting & ate them for brunch. I think it's safe to say I won't be talking about her birthday cake with her again.
 
 
 
 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS