Ruby at 22 Months

 
I imagine I'll often look back years from now on these days that Ruby & I have together & remember them as some of the very best. Surely they'll be some of the sweetest & happiest days of my life. Because 22 months has been that good. When I ask Ruby, "Are you sweet or sassy?" she almost always says sweet but occasionally she'll say sassy. And that pretty much sums up Ruby. Mostly sweet with just enough sass that I won't have to worry about her holding her own. When I pick her up I realize that she’s gotten a little heavier & those legs of hers have gotten a little longer. She can tell me what she wants & I can understand her. I have to steal more kisses than she’s giving out. And I actually have moments in my day where she occupies herself & doesn’t mind being apart from me. And then it hits me; she’s becoming a little girl. And that realization makes me happy & sad all at the same time. But then I remember that experience has taught me that the best is always yet to be with Ruby.
 
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS