An Apology of Sorts

 
Before I became a mom I judged other mothers like crazy. My children we're never going to do "this" or behave like "that". I would have control & I would do it in a kind & loving way & yes it would be hard, but it's just a child for crying out loud. And now I have a 15 month old. And let me tell you, we are reaching the sassy, strong-willed stage much sooner than I expected. And there is nothing like a child making you look like a fool in public. I mean, it's like they know they suddenly have the upper hand. And we are constantly working at home on this & although we've made some great improvements, 15 months is still a whirlwind stage that sometimes I feel like it's a wait out the clock kind of situation. What I wouldn't give for a pause button! I've been struggling with this lately & trying to figure out how to tame this little savage of mine. And I just want to go back in time & give my very deepest sympathies to those mothers that I judged when their kids were going berserk. When I see mothers in grocery stores with kids throwing tantrums instead I now smile at them & I just want to walk over & hug them & tell them, "You can do it! You're amazing!" This motherhood stuff is hard. It's the most awesomely hard thing I've ever done. Ruby had a miserable time at our family pictures & I was ready to throw my hands up in the air after it was all said & done because I felt like all my work went out the window. And then when we got home I sat her in her high chair & gave her dinner & while I was working in the kitchen I notice this little hand waving at me & then she blew me a kiss with the loudest mmmwahh sound. And right there in that moment I was so overwhelmed with love for that perfect, beautiful daughter of mine. She is my greatest adventure. I am fiercely devoted to being the very best mom to her. And while it's hard, if I've learned anything by now it's that I can do hard things. And regardless of these trying moments, she still fills my days with incomprehensible beauty & love. And I wouldn't trade her or change her for anything in this world.
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS