Ruby Lately

Ruby's personality is emerging more & more & I'm really loving this one-year-old stage. It's fun to see her sense of humor & see her develop opinions & preferences. Speaking of opinions & preferences, she seems to have a lot of those. We're working on transitioning to whole milk instead of formula & while I was so ready to stop formula cold turkey Ruby had other plans. I swear if she even tasted a hint of milk in her bottle she would start gagging, coughing & dry heaving in the most dramatic way. That girl is so picky. And I am so persistent so we're meeting somewhere in the middle & we're making progress slowly but surely. I wanted to make a note of a few of the things that she's doing lately that I'm loving because I have the worst memory & know I will forget.
 
Shoes are Ruby's latest obsession. She crawls around with them everywhere & even carried one in her hand during our entire trip to the grocery store today. She tries to put them on her feet but don't you dare try to help her. Apparently the struggle is half the fun.
I'm loving how she sits like this all the time. The crawling stage is seriously the cutest thing. She did take her first steps a little while ago but refuses to do it again. And if I've learned anything by now about this baby it's that she will do it on her time-table so I'm just letting her be until she's good & ready.
And she is in love with her stuffed animals. I carry Ruby & her stuffed bear everywhere we go now & she loves to give him kisses. Speaking of kisses, this baby of mine gives the best kisses around. She kisses me all day long & they're even closed mouth. Just when I think I can't love that baby any more she crawls over out of the blue & plants one on me. That girl is heaven on earth.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS