Redwoods

Next we headed to the Redwoods & drove in on the Avenue of the Giants. It was a beautiful drive & we arrived late that night once it was dark out. If ever you want to test the strength of your marriage, I would suggest parking an RV in the dark in a tiny spot. But, we made it! We spent 2 nights in the Redwoods & it was SO green! The kids were so excited when they woke up in the morning to go explore. Tyler took them out & Noah came back bursting with excitement wanting to show me everything he'd found. 
Our first day we went on a hike through Fern Canyon. It was exactly like the movie Fern Gully. Ferns everywhere & most of the hike was through water. I think this was the one hike that we had to keep up with the kids on - they were so excited about it. 
The warning signs in National Parks are awesome - this one was a favorite. 







Cutest face!!

The Redwood trees were amazing & the kids loved just exploring through the forest. It was unlike any other place in that it felt like we were in a whole different world. It felt a lot like Jurassic Park & definitely had the most isolated feeling of all the parks we visited. 


Green everything!



There were so many elk at our campground. I went to take a shower & as I walked back to our campsite there was an elk in the middle of the road (not the picture above). There were several people standing around taking videos & whispering. It was huge, & as I stood there watching it slowly forage through the leaves, I realized it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. With visions of that yellow elk warning sign in my mind I walked down the narrow road past the elk, praying it wouldn't attack me. I'm sure there are a handful of people who have video of me walking past an elk - cold, wet hair, & a little sick of wild animals cramping my style. We spent 2 nights in the Redwoods & then made our way to Lassen National Park. 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS