Gotcha Day

We celebrated Gotcha Day last week & this has become one of my favorite traditions that we've started. I love having a day where we celebrate being sealed to our family & we talk to the kids about those special days & all of the things that happened. This year at bedtime I read Ruby & Noah the journal entries I wrote about that day & I'm so glad I have that because I want to be able to remember all the little details & share it with them. As I did, a flood of so many good memories came back to me & I'm reminded all over again what a blessing it is to have these two in our lives. The kids anticipate this day & I can tell they feel special as we celebrate them & their adoptions.

This year for their gift I got them a little craft kit that had various science experiments in them. They're super interested in volcanoes lately so that was definitely their favorite one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
This year we went to the Mesa Temple where we were sealed to Ruby. The kids call the temples they were sealed in "my temple" & I love that. The Mesa Temple grounds in March just can't be beat. It smells incredible with all the flowers everywhere & the kids loved running around & exploring. We spent the evening in downtown Mesa at our favorite Mexican food restaurant & then got dessert on the way home. This day fills me up with gratitude & always has a way of reminding me that it really is a wonderful life.


 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS