Catch Up

It's already over a month into the new year & I'm always grateful for a fresh start. I'm excited for 2017 & all that it will bring. Ruby will be starting kindergarten & Noah seems to follow all too quickly in her footsteps. I know I'll blink & I'm going to have 2 kids in elementary school. This has been on my mind so much lately & has inevitably made our days together all the more precious to me. I love getting to be a mom to these two & I know I'll always look back on these days when I had them all to myself as some of the very best days.
I took this picture before Noah's legs grew seemingly overnight & he could finally pedal his "big boy bike" with training wheels. I used to refer to him as Peter Pan because he wanted to stay little forever & would get so offended if I called him a big boy. But now he rides up & down our street on his big bike & he can't help but smile because he's so proud of himself. He tells me, "I'm a big boy, mom" all the time now.
 

Tyler taught Ruby some knock-knock jokes & she basically thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever. She loves to tell them to anyone who will listen & she's gotten really good at her timing. She & Tyler will go back & forth telling knock-knock jokes & then laughing hysterically (so loud). It's pretty funny, & then sometimes I just sneak up to my bedroom & breathe in the silence for a few minutes. I do love her little sense of humor.
 
Cousins! This is from a fun camping trip that we took together & it's always so fun to get these 3 together & watch as they play so well & just love each other. Only wish they didn't live so far away.
 
That face! Noah is still into taking pictures & will grab my camera any chance he gets. He's getting better! 
 
Obsessed with his dad. Noah adores Tyler & wants to do anything he's doing. They love to talk about all the backpacking & mountain biking they're going to do when Noah gets older. And Noah loves to pretend to "go to work" like daddy.
 
Ruby has learned so much this year in Pre-K. I love this little focused face she always has when she works on her homework. She's writing so well & learning to read & it's all just really fun to get to watch. She's a little mama to Noah & is the biggest help to me. 5 year olds are awesome.  
 


 Angel face. This boy is definitely a harder 3 year old than 2 year old. With that being said, he's still really mild as far as toddlers go. He's wanting to be more independent, potty-trained in 24 hours (that's what happens when you put it off foreverrr), loves preschool, & recently when he was throwing a fit told me, "I just want to do whatever I want, mom!" And then last Sunday in the middle of Sacrament meeting he whispered in my ear, "I love you sweet girl. You're an angel." Which almost makes me want to let him do whatever he wants. Almost.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS