Growing Up

Yesterday I opened the car door to get the kids out of their car seats & Noah looked at me with this little smirk & said, "Hi Mom". He's starting to put multiple words together now & is always full or surprises, but something about the way he said it combined with his deep voice just made me realize how much he's grown up. That night as we played at the park & I pushed Ruby on the swing ,she looked back at me & said, "I love you Mom." And these two little things for some reason filled me with nostalgia & that familiar feeling of desperation to keep them little for as long as I possibly can. I want to permanently imprint on my mind & heart what it has felt like to be loved so well by these two. I have this habit of sneaking into their rooms once they've fallen asleep & checking to make sure they're breathing (paranoid!) & I can't help but stare at their perfect little faces & think how grateful I am for them. They grow up entirely too quickly but I never tire of watching the little people they're becoming.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS