The Small Stuff

Tonight as I was busy in the kitchen with Ruby on my hip I noticed her eye kept catching the kitchen faucet. So I took her over to have a better look & sat her on the counter & turned the water on. As I ran my hand under the water she looked at me with widening eyes & then decided to try it for herself. She giggled with delight every time the water touched her hand & before long both of us were laughing. She kept looking at me like this was the most amazing thing I just taught her. By the time I turned the water off we were both pretty wet as well as the counter & kitchen floor but she had the biggest smile on her face. I think the little things like this might be my favorite thing about being a mom. Small moments like when Ruby & I were in the store recently & something struck us both as being funny & we both just looked at each other & started laughing. That little girl still takes my breath away & reminds me of the beauty of living in the "now".

That girl is trying to climb everything right now.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS