On Subtlety

I'm not sure when it happened, but suddenly Ruby doesn't seem like a baby anymore. She's learning to sit up on her own, she wants to grab everything in sight, & you can just see her mind working as it takes everything in. This has all happened in a week's time & it never ceases to amaze me how quickly she changes. I feel like I'm continually seeing all of the good that has come from our struggle with infertility & I can't believe that I actually feel grateful for it. I just don't think I would've appreciated all that being a mother has to offer if I hadn't had to work so hard for this family of mine. I feel like it has given me a perspective that is unique & helps me to see the importance of all of these small, seemingly insignificant moments. It has helped me to be aware that what I'm doing matters. And I realize what a gift it has been that I had to choose this path & want it so desperately before I ever got it. Because this job that I do day in & day out is frequently a thankless one, at times a frustrating one & often an overwhelming one. And many from the outside looking in may not think it looks all that appealing. And yet, to me it is the most precious gift I have ever been given & by far the most rewarding thing I have ever done. And when your boss is this cute, who wouldn't want my job?


 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS